Are you interested in working at Renaissance Art Center? We are always on the look out for talented instructors for our classes. Review the requirements below and then submit your resume (PDF format) to us. We will contact you about an interview once we have reviewed.
Please note the following for current staff requirements.
- Applicants are required to teach at least one class on Saturday, along with weekday classes.
- Hours are part time, roughly 10 -20 hours per week depending on classes offered.
- Instructors must be at minimum 1st year college or have graduated. If you are in child development & an art major, that is helpful.
- You must enjoy working with children, be energetic & able to communicate with patience. We will train you in our pre-set lesson plans/curriculum.
- High School Students (Juniors/Seniors). We are looking for interns to help during the school year. We offer paid & unpaid hours. Contact us for availability.
- If you currently teach students on your own, through you own facility, this is a conflict of interest. We do not hire studio owners, private instructors or those currently working at another art studio.
- Please submit resume first and we will contact you as to submission of portfolio & interview. Send to email@example.com.
- We are located in Montgomery County, MD and candidates should live in the immediate area. Please note: we do not interview for those thinking about relocating and not currently living in the area.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and abide by all state & federal guidelines. Employees go through fingerprinting & background checks.
- Remember: Teaching is not about your talent, but the ability to communicate those skills to students. Patience is a virtue.