Pottery & Ceramics (Ages 5 & OIder)
Working with clay goes back to the earliest days of history. Learning to sculpture, wheel throw and create from the earth itself is an art, and something all ages can appreciate.
Starting with younger ages, we build a foundation of hand building & glazing, so as the student progresses with age, they learn larger concepts of pottery.
For older students, beginning to work with a potters wheel is always fun. From there, move on to more intricate sculpture designs by hand. Design your own work, at your own pace. We offer several classes depending on the student's level and how they wish to progress.
- Pottery curriculum covers:
- Pottery Hand Building & Sculpture
- Wheel Throwing
- Practicum Series: Ceramics & Sculpture for Advanced Students
- The Renaissance Art Center curriculum is based on a progressively challenging series of courses which provides enough structure for success and room for creative expression.
- We offer a variety of levels for all age groups. When reviewing classes, choose a level that best suits your child's age & experience level.
- We reserve the right to form classes based on the number of registrations we receive for a particular day. When we can, we will split classes into age groups.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class or ask parents to switch to another day if we do not receive enough registrations. Generally we require a minimum of 4 students in a class.
- Please contact us with any questions.